virtual annual general meeting 2023
Virtual Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 2022 Virtual Annual General Meeting of Wexford Credit Union Limited members will take place via Zoom Webinar on Monday, 23rd January 2023, @ 7:30 pm.
Members wishing to attend the Virtual AGM need to request an invitation to join and apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Member Number
- Member Address
- Member Email Address
The request for attendance must be received by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, 18th January 2023.
The following information is pertinent to this notice:
- Wexford Credit Union will be using Zoom Webinar as the electronic platform for the meeting.
- To gain access to the meeting, a member must request an invitation to the virtual session by emailing email@example.com and this request must be received by 5.00 pm on 18th January 2023.
- Following the request for invitation, the Member will receive an invitation from event organiser AVC Limited before 12.00 pm on 23rd January 2023. This will allow the Member to join the meeting.
- The information required to request an invitation is your name, member number, address, and personal email address.
- The Credit Union will verify members’ details before issuing invitations.
- Each Member will require a personal email to register for the Virtual AGM. Please note that a group or general mailbox will not be accepted (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- All non-presenting participants will have their microphones muted, and their cameras switched off to allow the smooth running of the meeting.
- If a member wishes to submit a question, these can be submitted in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the onscreen instructions during the meeting.
- Some resolutions may require a vote and elections for the position of auditor, Board Oversight Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Voting will be conducted through the online poll facility. Members will be asked to vote Yes/No electronically for the resolution or for each candidate when instructed by the Chairperson.
- Votes will be tallied electronically, verified, and recorded by the Internal Auditor of the Credit Union.
- This virtual AGM meeting will be recorded, and members who register will agree to the recording of the meeting and their participation by registering.
- Your name and email address will be shared with the event organizer for registration for the meeting. For further information, please get in touch with the credit union by email to email@example.com
- All members are reminded to conduct themselves professionally. Please refrain from sharing any explicit, violent, or inappropriate content.
- Provision shall be made to protect the Chair from vilification (personal abuse).
- All members are asked to keep their mobile phone silent. The vibrate setting can also cause disruptions.
Annual Report 2022
The Board of Directors decided not to print the Annual Report this year for posting. Instead, it will be made available on the Website for download and emailed out to members we communicate with electronically. This forms part of the Credit Union environmental awareness program. Credit Unions must take an ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) approach, meaning they explicitly consider environmental risk mitigation and ways to maximise environmental/climate-related opportunities in their strategies, planning, and metrics. It also provides a cost saving to the Credit Union concerning printing costs and postal weight charges.
The Board of Directors is not proposing a dividend or loan interest rebate this year. The continued increase in savings has increased the Credit Union’s asset size and requires the annual surplus to go to reserves. The Board introduced a monthly savings limit of €10,000 on 1st September 2022 to slow down this increase in savings. The maximum savings permitted by any member remains at €100,000 in line with the Deposit Guarantee Scheme.
Annual Report 2022
Board of Directors,
Wexford Credit Union Limited.